Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 7, #16 Wikis

Wikis seem like a combination of a few good things. The wikis that I looked at all had the following elements: web site with original content, links (bookmarks) to related sites and blogging abilities. Maybe I should use a wiki to bookmark, set up web quests, have a library web site, etc. My favorites were Library Success and Library Bloggers.

Wikis are great for groups of teachers or administrators working on curriculum mapping in vertical teams. There are many ideas for students to use wikis on class projects across the curriculum. I would love to find more examples of wikis created and used by students in various subject areas to show faculty how useful they can be. I think the wiki Library Success would be the best place for me to begin.

No comments: