Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week 4, #8 and 9 Learn about and create RSS reader

I've always wondered how that little orange RSS symbol on web sites was used. Now, I have my own RSS reader. I used google and it was simple to set up. I searched for library and education related feeds and added a few. YALSA's blog http://feeds.feedburner.com/Yalsa is one I frequently read so that's part of my reader now. Library of Congress http://www.loc.gov/rss/pao/web.xml has a "new on the web site" feed that I added to my reader.



It will take me a few weeks of reading to see which feeds I find most useful. I'm sure this will be a neverending process of adding and deleting. I think it will help to keep me more organized and up-to-date.

2 comments:

Paul R. Baird Library Media Center said...

Hi
Thanks for adding the GoodReads. I loved and visited the site myself. Was it one of the sites listed to visit? Kathy D

Liza's iLibrary said...

I don't think it was on the list. It's just something that I came across earlier this year. It's great as long as you keep up with it. I am planning to read a lot over vacation so I'll be adding more (hopefully.