Friday, January 18, 2008

Things #3 and #4 - Create a Blog and Avatar and Post

It was a bit frustrating logging into blogger to create a new account. There were too many passwords/accounts to set up. When I finally started to create my blog space I loved it. I spent too much time trying to come up with a name for my blog! The thought of putting something in writing for the world to see was daunting. I know my students don't have any issues writing on their blogs/myspace/etc. It's just not something I grew up with. When I was younger, I wrote in a diary with a lock on it!

Creating my Avatar was fun, fun! Although, when my son looked at it he said "It does look like you, Mom, just waaaaaay younger."

Flickr is my next experiment. I use Shutterfly for digital pictures all the time for personal use and find it easy and reliable.

2 comments:

Jean Macpherson said...

Hi Liza,

This is Heather, your cheerleader. Sorry for a much to late 'getting started' on my part. I can't access the blogs from work, so if you need help or have questions please feel free to email me at
heathermacph@gmail.com and I'll do my best to help you out.

You blog looks really great!The avatar, entries, etc. Have you begun week 3 using flickr? I'd be interested to know what you think of it.

Keep up the good work,
heather

Liza's iLibrary said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the input. I have been busy over the past few days with Flickr and RSS. There is just so much out there it's hard to narrow my focus!

It's fun though and I am learning by doing.

Liza