Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week 3, #7 Technology Related post

Microsoft Office live workspace http://workspace.officelive.com/ is a tool that anyone can use to create, revise, complete and save office documents (word, excel, etc.). The documents created are available anywhere there is an internet connection. Students can set up accounts to store school documents and work on them from home or school. I would love to never have to see another floppy disk from a student!

I do not have experience using officelive yet. I think I'll ask a some students to try it and let me know if they find it useful. Hopefully it will help them be more productive ... no more excuses like "my printer is broken" or "I know I saved it to this floppy disk."

If Office live includes PowerPoint and Publisher it could be extrememly useful (and fun) to use with collaborative projects and peer editing.

If someone reading this post has experience using officelive I'd like to hear from you.

No comments: