Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Week 9, Thing #21 Podcasts

I never realized how many podcasts there are out there! Pretty much any topic I searched for resulted in something to choose from. I used ITunes initially since I use it for music. But, I couldn't figure out how to add an rss feed. I subscribed to a few free ones ... book reviews, essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson and travel.

There are many podcasts that could be used to enhance curriculum. I found "great speeches in history" and "ideas for teaching reading and writing." "The Groovy Girls Guide to Grammar" looks interesting too.

Podcast.net was the next one I tried. It's very easy to use and again there were choices for all topics I searched. Here it was easy to add an rss feed to my google reader.

I've only listened to parts of the podcasts so far. I think I'll load a few onto my IPod and bring it to the gym.

No comments: